Specification of DIN741 Wire Rope Clip
Instructions for use
Wire rope clips should be inspected before use to ensure that:
• all markings are legible;
• a wire rope clip with the correct dimensions has been selected;
• the nuts or any other locking system cannot vibrate out of position;
• the wire rope clip is free from nicks, gouges and cracks;
• never modify, repair or reshape a wire rope clip by machining, welding, heating or bending as this may affect their performance. The wire rope clip should be fitted to the wire rope as shown in below figures. The bridge of the wire rope clip should always be placed on the load bearing part of the rope. The U-bolt of the clip should be placed on the rope tail, also known as the dead end of the rope. Turn back enough wire rope length so that the required minimum number of clips can be installed according to the instructions below. The first clip must be placed one bridge width from the turned-back rope tail or dead end of the rope, according to figure 1. Tighten the nuts to the specified torque.